President Joko Widodo ensured that infrastructure development in all locations in West Papua continued to run after the massacre of the bridge project workers in Yigi district, Nduga, Papua.
The head of state stressed that the government was not afraid of the Armed Criminal Group that carried out the massacre.
“We will never be afraid. And this makes our determination even more intense to continue our great task of building West Papua,” President Jokowi said at a press conference at the Merdeka Palace, Jakarta, Wednesday (05/12/2018) afternoon.
Jokowi claimed to have instructed the Minister of Public Works and Public Housing, Basuki Hadimulyono, to continue the development of Trans Papua for 4,600 km.
“It means that Ministry of Public Works and Public Housing continues to develop West Papua, to realize social justice for all the people of Indonesia,” said the Head of State.
Regarding the existence of armed groups who carried out massacres of workers, Jokowi also instructed the Indonesian Military and Police to pursue them.
“I emphasize that there is no place for criminal groups of weapons like this in West Papua and throughout the country,” he said.
National Police Chief, General (pol) Tito Karnavian said, temporary information, as many as 19 workers were killed and one member of the Indonesian Military died during the massacre.
The information is to straighten up the previously mentioned death toll as many as 31 people.
After the Armed Criminal Group carried out a massacre of PT Istaka Karya workers, the following day they attacked a Indonesian Military post in Mbua.